For this waxing procedure, you neither need a cloth nor those paper waxing strips. You can easily do a stripless wax at home using wax beans. The bean wax is warmed up and then applied on the skin. As the wax hardens, it becomes a strip itself and shrinks over the hair. It is then removed by peeling it off swiftly, in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Why Should I Use Stripless Wax?
- It slows down hair growth to a great extent.
- It ensures that your skin is left with a clean and polished look at the end.
- It is a great way of waxing for people with thicker hair.
- It is the easiest method to clean up your bikini line as well as other sensitive areas of your body.
- It is less painful than soft wax, so if you have a low tolerance for pain then this is the wax to go for.
How Do I Use Wax Without Strips?
- You’ll need a packet of wax beans (easily available on any online shopping portal), a wax warmer and 2 tbsp. of olive oil, a cleanser, some powder and a wooden wax applicator
- Melt the wax beans in the warmer for at least half an hour.
- After it melts a little, keep an eye on it. You don’t want it to melt completely.
- Test the temperature of the wax on the back of your hand.
- Clean the area with a cleanser. We recommend using Olay, as it cleans the skin thoroughly.
- Apply some baby powder on the skin you want to wax so that there is a barrier between your skin and the wax.
- With the wooden applicator, take a small amount of the wax and twirl it so that it doesn’t drip where it isn’t supposed to.
- Following the natural direction of your hair, spread the wax in a thick layer.
- Make sure you don’t make the layer too thin as that will result in the wax breaking into small pieces.
- Leave a thicker piece on the edge so that you can create a flip which you can actually hold to pull the wax out easily.
- Once the wax cools down, grab the flip and pull it in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Try doing it in one swift, pain free motion. The swifter, the better.
- Don’t tug at the hair while pulling it, keep the wax close to your skin, otherwise you risk the chance of bruising or damaging your skin.
- Repeat the steps, until all you have is silky-smooth, hair free skin.
- Work in small sections to keep the procedure as pain free, as possible!
- Apply some olive oil on your skin after you are done. This will help clean the oil and close up pores as well
Use Gillette Venus Breeze 2 In 1 Razor to remove hair that are too small to be waxed off. Experience smooth, hair-free skin!